Sunday, September 7, 2014

Meet the Third grade Teacher



Blog post #1
Meet Your Teacher:

Hi!  My name is Mrs. Sue Brandt.  I am so excited to be part of a fantastic group of third graders at Bethlehem Lutheran School again this year.  I am thrilled to be your teacher!  It’s going to be a great year filled with new adventures, field trips, new technology, new reading,  and language activities.  I want to know ALL about you, but first I’m going to tell you a few things about me.
I was born in Denver, Colorado so I have the love of mountains in my blood!  My parents were both Lutheran school teachers before becoming a principal and Lutheran World Relief leader (Dad) and school librarian (Mom).  While growing up we also lived in a suburb of Chicago and then St. Louis, MO where my parents still live.  I went to college at Concordia University in Chicago, IL where I majored in both elementary and high school education.  I also have a masters degree in Library Science from the Univ. of Michigan. 

I taught fourth grade for two years in St. Louis, MO and began the library at Valley Lutheran High School.  I have also served a temporary post of Children’s Librarian at Butman Fish Library. 
I am married to a wonderful man I met in college-Dr. John Brandt, who is the Executive Director at Valley Lutheran High School.  We have two super, grown children.  My daughter Krista and her husband have two girls who are 3 years and 6 months old.  Krista teaches third and fourth grade and the music at St. John Lutheran in Aurora, IN.  So we have lots of ideas to share!  My son Mark is a professor and researcher at Tilberg University in the Netherlands.  He and his wife have a 4 year old.  Needless to say, we LOVE using Skype and Facetime to keep up with their lives.

When my son Mark was a third grader I began my ministry at Bethlehem teaching third grade.  While I have taught other grades part time during my career, I think I love the third grade age group best.   

So I am looking forward to our year together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment